Whether to specifically treat sore muscles or just melt away the daily stresses, The Wave in Whitefish has massage and acupressure sessions that offer a relaxing escape for everyone. We encourage you to discuss your preferences and goals with your therapist so that your acupressure or massage treatment meets your expectations and achieves your goals. It is important to use a certified therapist. We are staffed with therapists who are experts in their field and are fully certified at our fitness center in Whitefish. All acupressure and massage therapists at The Wave are trained to know how your muscular and skeletal systems work, and how to effectively treat the whole body.
Your choices are...
- Acupressure - Acupressure is an ancient technique of applying gentle pressure on acupoints over the body to increase energy flow in meridians and energy centers. This promotes deep relaxation of the body and mind, and can also be used to address specific symptoms and health conditions such as high blood pressure or chronic pain.
- Deep Tissue Therapy - Deep tissue massage at our Whitefish fitness center is recommended for those who prefer specific muscle work and deep muscle release. It is especially helpful for decreasing chronic pain and muscle fatigue and increasing range of motion. Techniques could include myofascial release, neuromuscular therapy, and trigger point therapy.
- Pregnancy Massage - Pregnancy massage is an especially relaxing therapeutic massage from our Whitefish wellness center, designed to nurture both the mother and child. Extra care and attention are given to the mother's comfort and stage of pregnancy.
- Sports Massage - Used primarily for the serious athlete who trains continuously, wishes to promote greater athletic endurance/performance lessen chances of injury and/or reduce recovery time.
- Swedish Relaxation - Swedish massage is a traditional relaxing body massage combining three basic strokes: long firm strokes, kneading and localized circular movements. Swedish massage at our Whitefish fitness center is designed to stimulate and relieve muscle tension while increasing blood circulation and tissue metabolism.
- 30 Minute - $60
- 60 Minute - $75
- 90 Minute - $100
- 30 Minute - $80
- 60 Minute - $95
- 90 Minute - $120
To help maximize the benefits of your massage we encourage participants to:
- Arrive 15 minutes early to fill out all of the necessary paperwork and relax prior to your massage.
- Notify us of medical/physical conditions, i.e. high blood pressure, pregnancy, allergies, or skin conditions.
- Remove all jewelry prior to coming to the massage area.
- Wear comfortable loose clothing.
- Should you decide to enjoy the warm pool, jacuzzi or steam room prior to your massage, we ask that you shower to remove all of the chlorine.
- Drink plenty of water before and after your massage session.
- Walk-in visits are welcome. When possible, advanced registrations are encouraged and appreciated.
- Client Information & Release Form must be completed prior to the massage.
- 24-hour cancellation notice is required to avoid a service charge.
- A private shower and restroom are available for massage clients after their session.
- Child care is available for a fee.
Give the Gift of Back to Balance
Gift Cards for sessions with Whitefish’s best acupressure and massage specialists are available at the service desk or over the phone.